- Undergraduate students of any discipline
- Proficient in English language
- Prior study in economics or business is not necessary
- No knowledge of Chinese language is required
- Selected applicants may be interviewed through Skype
Please complete the online application form here.
Application Fee (2014-2015)
HKD 350 (non-refundable and non-transferable)
*Please click here for the payment method.
- 23:59 (HKT) on 31 March 2015
Programme Fees (2014-2015)
- USD 6,000 net (including tuition, accommodation, air ticket between Hong Kong and Shanghai, local transportation for company visits and sightseeing activities arranged by the programme).
- USD 5,500 net for Early Bird*
*Early Bird applies to applications with all application materials supplied and application fee paid by 15 February 2015.
Please get ready of the following materials and upload in Part VI of the online application:
- An official transcript in English
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV): Typed document outlining work, academic, and leadership experience.
- A typed Personal Statement: No longer than 400 words, stating your reasons for joining the programme and how the Summer Institute will enhance your personal and professional development
- Photocopy of Identification documents: e.g. Passport, HKID, 港澳通行证
- Copies of documentary evidence of English Proficiency: e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, if your first language is not English (or a letter issued by the student’s university attesting your English Proficiency standard)
- A passport photo
- Application fee payment proof: Please click here for the payment method.
Rolling Admission & Selection Interview
Your application will be reviewed as soon as all of your application materials are received. Skype interview will be arranged and the interview invitation will be sent to the email address which you provide in the online application. The earlier you apply, the earlier you will be interviewed. An offer will be extended to you if you passed the interview. Otherwise, you will be placed on the waiting list.
Accommodation will be arranged by the programme. All participants in the programme, including those from Hong Kong, are expected to stay together during the whole four weeks for better academic and cultural exchange. They will be provided double rooms in a HKU dormitory for the first two weeks and in a hotel near the teaching venue in Shanghai.
Classes at HKU will take place in the HKU main campus as with a regular course, while classes in Shanghai will be held in FBE’s facilities in the HKU Shanghai Study Center (298 Beisuzhou Road) near the Bund.
Round trip flights between Hong Kong and Shanghai will be arranged by the programme to ensure on-time and full attendance for all the teaching and learning activities. The programme will also arrange transportation for site visits and sightseeing activities in both cities that are part of the programme.
Participants have to make their own travel plan to come and leave Hong Kong. Note that since they will gain HKU credits they have to enter Hong Kong with a student visa even though they can come to Hong Kong as tourists without visa.
■If students withdraw before the application deadline, the programme fees (after deducting all the administrative charges) will be refunded while the programme application fees and visa application fees will be forfeited.
■If students withdraw after the application deadline but more than one month before the starting date of the programme, 20% of the regular programme fees (regardless of whether the student paid the regular programme fees or the early bird programme fees), i.e. USD1,200, will be charged as a penalty while the remaining amount of the paid programme fees (after deducting all the administrative charges) will be refunded. The programme application fees and visa application fees will be forfeited.
■If students withdraw less than one month before the starting date of the programme, the full amount of programme fees, programme application fees and visa application fees will be forfeited.