Apply Now (2017 Admissions Open)
Establish an ACCOUNT (The application fee is HK$300 (non-refundable))
LOGIN after account is established
Supporting Documents Request Forms (Download here)
MBA Admission Procedures/Guidelines
1. Required Supporting Documents
The following documents need to be submitted along with the online MBA application:
- Official transcripts and other academic supporting documents OR documents which have been certified by a notary public (e.g. Degree certificate) (transcripts and degree certificates are not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Official GMAT report
- Official score report of an English-language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS (applies only to applicants with qualifications from institutions outside Hong Kong where the language of instruction/examination is not English)
- Reports from two referees
Download Supporting Document Check List
Note: A secure link to upload your supporting documents for our preliminary review will be provided after submitting the online application.
Once the Admission Committee has received online applications and supporting documents, we will shortlist the candidates for interviews. Local candidates are interviewed in person, and international candidates either by phone or video conference. Interview invitations are sent to the email address provided in the application. An additional interview or further documentation may be required in some cases.
Note: The HKU MBA Office places greater importance on the interview process than on essays, as we believe the best way to evaluate an applicant is through personal interaction, which helps us to better understand the motivation and personality of prospective students. Two rounds of interviews are likely to be conducted for admission to the 2017-18 full-time MBA programme.
3. Full-time MBA Admission Decisions
Admission decisions are generally available two to four weeks after the interviews. These decisions are communicated via email once all outstanding supporting documents have been received. In exceptional cases, a conditional offer may be made subject to fulfilment of the GMAT and/or TOEFL/IELTS requirements.
4. Full-time MBA Admissions
The application period for Admissions 2017-18 is now opened.
Second Round Deadline: 28 Feb 2017
5. Important Dates (Start of MBA Programme)
- End of June 2017
The entire cohort is expected to be in Beijing for the China Immersion Programme (Mandarin Language/Business Communication).
- End of July 2017
MBA courses commence in Hong Kong.