1. Recognised bachelor's degree
2. Satisfactory GMAT/GRE score*
3. Minimum TOEFL 550 (paper based)/ 80 (Internet based) or IELTS band 6.5, with no subtest lower than 5.5
4. At least two years of postgraduate full-time work experience (as on September 2019)
* Applicants with more than 7 years of postgraduate full-time work experience might be exempted from this requirement. Exemption, if any, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The applicants could provide GMAT/GRE and/or TOEFL/IELTS results at a later stage.
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is required for all applicants, who must make their own arrangements to take the test. The HKU MBA code number for the GMAT is FS2-WL-61. The institution is the University of Hong Kong – School of Business and Economics – MBA/IMBA. The HKU MBA code number for GRE is 4136.
GMAT/GRE scores that are more than five years old will not be accepted.
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong where the language of teaching and/or examination is not English are required to obtain a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based)/80 (Internet-based) or IELTS band 6.5, with no subtest score lower than 5.5.
TOEFL/IELTS scores that are more than two years old will not be accepted.
When you pre-register for the TOEFL, the paper score report should be sent directly to the MBA Office (Room 204, Cyberport 4, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong). The HKU TOEFL code number is 9671 (institution code) and 02 (department code).
Details and forms are available from the International and Professional Examinations Division of the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (Tel: +852 3628 8787).