FAQ - UG: Non-JUPAS Applicants (Students applying for admissions on the strength of qualifications other than HKDSE or mainland Gao Kao)
1. Should I be regarded as the non-JUPAS applicant?
If you are applying for admissions on the strength of academic qualifications other than HKDSE or maindland Gao Kao, you should submit your application via the Non-JUPAS application scheme. Current students of a bachelor’s degree programme or sub-degree programmes offered by any of the JUPAS-participating institution should also apply via the above-mentioned admission scheme.
2. What is the University’s and Faculty’s entrance requirement?
All applicants have to fulfil the University Entrance Requirements (UER), composed of General Academic Requirement, English Language Requirement and Second Language Requirement. Please refer to HKU’s admissions webpage for a list of UER applicable to students from different counties with different qualifications at http://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/internataional/admissions-information?page=en/university-entrance-requirements
Due to the complex combinations of education background of non-JUPAS applicants, we are unfortunately unable to provide a cut-off score, or predict the likeliness of offering admission. Faculty will consider each application individually on its own merits.
3. What documents should I submit with the application paper for Faculty’s consideration?
- Copy of HKID card or passport
- All attempts of public examination results (e.g. HKCEE, GCSE, TOEFL, IELTS)
- Predicted results for public examinations (e.g. IB, GCE A-level)
- Internal progress reports prepared by school (Grade 10 or senior secondary 1 onwards)
- Transcripts with latest courses / grades
- Referee reports / reference letters
Please submit the English translation of the documents if necessary. Originals are NOT needed at application stage. Please DO NOT post originals to the Faculty.
4. How does the Faculty assess my application?
Your application paper will be assessed based on the information and supporting documents provided. In addition to the past academic records, personal statement, referees’ reports and interview performance (if applicable) are also important sources of information.
5. When will I be notified about the admission decision?
All offer status will be updated in the online application system. Applicants should log in the system regularly to check the latest offer status. Successful applicants will be notified by both mail and email. For unsuccessful applications, no separate notification will be sent.
6. Is there any entrance scholarship?
The University offers entrance scholarship to outstanding Non-JUPAS entrants in recognition of their outstanding achievements in academic area. For details, please refer to http://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/international/admissions-information?page=en/fees-and-scholarship.
The Faculty offers entrance scholarships to local Non-JUPAS entrants with GCEA or IB Diploma qualification. Please refer to http://www.fbe.hku.hk/academic-programmes/undergraduate/admission/entrance-scholarships for details.