Vision and Mission
The School aims to address the emerging issues and seek applications to meet the challenges of globalization, the rise of Greater China and the further development of Hong Kong as an international financial centre through education, research and scholarly exchange in the study of economics and finance.
The School strives to:
- provide education in Economics and Finance of the highest caliber in Hong Kong and the Asia-Pacific region
- nurture a stimulating academic environment with active exchange and research collaboration with renowned scholars and professionals in local and international contexts
- promote knowledge exchange among research and taught postgraduate students, undergraduate students and with the general public through public lectures, seminars and sharing sessions
- cultivate in students principles of ethics and social responsibility
- prepare students to become future leaders and equip them with knowledge, analytical skills and international perspectives to deal with challenges faced by Hong Kong and the Asia-Pacific region