Women's Directorship Programme
Gender-balanced boards are proven to result in greater business success and the Women’s Directorship Programme has been created in answer to the worldwide business community’s call to tackle the existing gender diversity imbalance in boardrooms.
Faculty of Business and Economics, the University of Hong Kong and Harvey Nash Executive Search have joined forces with senior business leaders to create the first certificated, internationally focused, cross industry, board preparedness programme, exclusively for women.
Board members face new challenges and increases in responsibility since the recent wave of governance reform swept in. Directors need to be better prepared – beyond just compliance – to best represent the interests of shareholders and stakeholders.
Through a comprehensive combination of lectures, interactive sessions, leadership exercises and input from senior business leaders, the Women’s Directorship Programme addresses current and contemporary issues in the workplace, across industries and geographies, helping women to be more effective at managing boards and increasing the pool of board-ready women executives.
This six-day programme, split into two sessions of three days each, will allow participants to fully immerse themselves in the learning experience and network with international peers, away from the distractions of daily life.
Session 1: 24-26 May 2018 (Thurs-Sat) – 3 days
Session 2: 13-15 September 2018 (Thurs-Sat) – 3 days
There are six modules, which include:
- The Strategic Roles and Responsibilities of Board
- Collaborative Leadership
- Persuasive Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Public Company and Securities Market Regulation
- Ethics and Compliance
- Board Simulation Exercise
Programme Fee: USD$11,000 (US$500 off for HKU alumni)
Held at The University of Hong Kong’s Cyberport Campus, the programme will involve interactive sessions with industry leaders such as:
- Dr. Cheemin Bo-Linn, President and CEO, Peritus Partners, Inc.
- Donald Brydon, Chairman of Sage Group and LSE
- Sir Roger Carr, Chairman of BAE Systems
- Raymond Ch’ien, Chairman of Hang Seng Bank
- Prof. Frederick Ma Si-hang, GBS, JP, Chairman, MTR Corporation Limited
- Ruth Markland, Senior INED of Standard Chartered Bank and Deloitte
- Anne Minto, INED of Shire and Tate & Lyle
- John Rice, Vice Chairman of GE and President & CEO of GE Global Growth and Operations
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Chairman & CEO of Schneider Electric
The certificate on Board Directorship Program, registered under the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) will be awarded to the participants who successfully complete the programme and pass the assessment.
1. Online Registration - for Individual Registration only
2. Register by Post/Fax/Email - for Individual Registration or Company Registration for More Than One Participant
|Fax:||(852) 2858 5910|
|Post:||Executive Education, Faculty of Business & Economics,
The University of Hong Kong
Room 304, Block B, Cyberport 4,
100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
For further information and enquiry, please contact us:
Email : email@example.com
Phone : (852) 3962 1472