Graduation Ceremony 2014
The Faculty of Business and Economics Graduation Ceremony of the HKU 192nd Congregation will be held with details as follows:
Date: Monday, November 3, 2014
Time: 2:30pm – 6:30pm
12noon Graduands’ Arrival and Registration
12:30pm – 1:30pm Graduands’ Briefing and Rehearsal
1:30pm Guest Admission
Venue: Grand Hall, L3
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong
All graduands will be presented on stage at the Graduation Ceremony.
*Registration deadline: Sunday, October 19, 2014
**Please note Important Notes below.
1. Graduands must arrive at the Grand Hall by 12 noon to attend a briefing and rehearsal.
2. All graduands will be presented on stage. You are required to bring a full set of academic dress and to ensure proper attire is worn together the academic regalia. No academic dress will be available on the Ceremony. Graduands who are not in full academic dress will NOT be presented on stage. For the suggested attire, please refer to the link.
3. All graduands will be seated in different zones according to their programmes and will be invited onto the stage in a programme-specific sequence. Graduand who arrives at the venue after his/her programme is presented to the Presiding Officer will NOT be presented on stage separately and will NOT be allowed to go onto the stage.
4. For the loan of academic dress, please refer to the HKU Congregation Website. For enquiry, please contact +852 2219 4263 or email@example.com.
1. Guest ticket registration will be opened from now until October 19, 2014 or will be closed once guest seats are full, whichever the earlier.
2. Each attending graduand can bring a maximum of TWO guests subjected to seat availability. All guest seats are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Graduands who cannot register for their guests after guest seats are full will not be able to bring any guests to the Graduation Ceremony. We encourage graduands to register for their guests early to avoid disappointment.
3. Extra guest tickets will be offered subject to seat availability. If all guest seats are taken during the registration period (until October 19, 2014), no extra tickets will be available for further allocation. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [Extra Guest Tickets] and in the email content specifying the number of tickets wanted, your full name, contact telephone number, programme and UID. Each graduand can only apply for a maximum of TWO extra tickets for their guests. Extra guest tickets, which cannot be guaranteed, will be allocated after the registration closes on October 19, 2014, subjected to seat availability and on a first-come-first-served basis with specific reference to the time stamp as shown in the email you send to us.
4. One guest ticket is only for the admission of one guest to the Grand Hall. Guest who cannot present a valid ticket will not be admitted. Children over the age of 5 should have their own tickets. Due to the length of the Ceremony, seat sharing and/or sitting on lap are not recommended. Full attention to children has to be ensured throughout the Ceremony, disturbance/disruption to the Ceremony is strictly unacceptable. Our officers may need to escort the children and their guardians to leave the Ceremony should circumstances require so.
5. All guest tickets will need to be collected in person or by authorising a third person. A ticket counter will be set up during the period of the loan of academic dress as specified in this link.
- Guest Ticket Collection Counter will be opened from October 27 – 30, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., on 5/F, K.K. Leung Building, The University of Hong Kong.
- Please bring along your document such as passport or HKID for identity verification. If you are authorising a third person to collect the guest ticket(s) on your behalf, please make sure you have filled in all required information on the Authorisation Form and have a photocopy of your identification document passed to your authorisee. Your authorisee will be asked to present his/her identification document to verify the information provided on the Authorisation Form.
Please download the authorisation form: Authorisation Form for Collection of Guest Tickets.pdf
6. All guest tickets must be collected prior to the Graduation Ceremony to be held on November 3, 2014. Guest tickets will not be distributed on-site at the Grand Hall of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
7. Free seating in Guest Zone.
During the Ceremony
1. Professional photographers will take photos when graduands are presented on stage. Individual request for photos will not be entertained. The Faculty is not responsible for any photographs that deemed unsatisfactory.
2. Certificate will not be presented during the Graduation Ceremony on November 3, 2014. Please refer to the HKU Congregation Website for details on collection of certificates. Academic Services Office enquiry: 2859 2433.