How to Apply
Look for "Master of Economics" and click "Full-time" to create your application account.
Fill in the application form and update your referee details in the "Referees" section.
You need to send this reference form template to your two referees and ask them to fill in. The completed forms should then be emailed to us at MEconref@hku.hk directly from their official email accounts, which should be the same as the ones you put down in the "Referees" section of your application.
After completing the form, go to the "Payment & Submission" section and arrange the non-refundable application fee of HK$300 to submit your application.
Upon successful submission of the application fee and your application form, the document upload function will be available.
Upload the following supporting documents to the HKU Business School TPG Application Document Upload System ONE working day after the submission of your application until the upcoming application deadline. If further updates are available and you wish to submit again, you need to upload the full set of the documents under that particular category as the new submission will overwrite the previous submission.
- Academic Certificate (Graduate transcript/ latest official transcript; Graduation Certificate (畢業證書), if available; Award certificate / degree certificate (學士證書), applicable to candidates from Mainland institutions only) (in ONE single PDF file)
- Working Experience Proof (Proof of internship experience of all positions, or most recent full-time employment, whichever is applicable) (in ONE single PDF file)
- Language Report (TOEFL or IELTS report that was taken within 2 years before your application submission, if you are not from an English-medium university *TOEFL code of HKU : 9671) (in ONE single PDF file)
- Research Statement (2-page Research Statement on field of interests and relevant skills for candidates applying Advanced Research Stream; Writing Sample optional for candidates applying Advanced Research Stream) (in ONE single PDF file)
- Others (Personal statement; GMAT/ GRE score report *Codes of HKU: GMAT: FS2-WL-88 | GRE: 2482; Certificates of Professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CFA, CPA; etc) (in ONE single PDF file)
- Applications with missing supporting documents will be considered incomplete and will NOT be further processed.
- In the application stage, the original copy of supporting documents is NOT required and candidates only need to upload the softcopy to the application website. If you receive an admission offer from our programme, we will ask you to submit the original/certified true copy of the documents.
- Due to the large volume of applications received by HKU, your application account will only be valid for four weeks. You should submit your application within this period; otherwise, your application will be lost.
- You can go through our Application Checklist to make sure you have submitted all the required materials for your application.
- Check out our Admissions FAQs if you have any questions regarding the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited to a written test and/or attend an interview.