To be eligible for admission to the Master of Finance in Financial Technology Programme, a candidate must:
Hold a recognised degree or equivalent;
Obtain statements from two referees, regarding his/her suitability for the Programme; and
Obtain a TOEFL/IELTS* score if you are not from an English-medium university.
Minimum score requirement: TOEFL: 80 | IELTS: 6 (with no subtest below 5.5)
Candidates with computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics or science and technology related background are highly preferred.
GMAT/GRE scores are not required, but a good GMAT/GRE score will be favorably considered and can be helpful for marginal cases.
In general, applicants are not required to attend an interview during the admissions process.
*School codes for test score reports:
- TOEFL: 9671 | GRE: 2482 | GMAT: FS2-WL-65
TOEFL and IELTS score reports are valid for two years only. GMAT score reports are valid for five years. For example, if you submit your application form on October 2, 2020, then only the report of the TOEFL/IELTS test taken after October 1, 2018 is considered valid. Also, please make sure you arrange to get the official test report to us in time as the test authorities may not issue your report when the test result has expired.
Course Exemption & Advanced Standing
Course exemption of up to two required courses, except the capstone course, may be granted (normally by examination) if candidates:
- Can produce evidence, such as a transcript and course syllabus, that a course is equivalent in content to another course taken elsewhere for which a satisfactory grade has been obtained, or
- Are holding relevant professional qualifications which were obtained before admission to the programme.
No credits will be given for the exempted course and candidates shall be required to take an approved alternative course of the same credit value.
Advanced standing of up to two required courses, except the capstone course, may be granted if:
- The course is completed at a graduate, postgraduate or master level from a recognised programme elsewhere within the last four years before admission to the programme and a good grade in the course was achieved; or
- The candidate possesses a relevant professional qualification which was obtained before admission to the programme.
In such cases, no replacement courses will be required and the tuition fees will be adjusted accordingly.
Applications for course exemption and advanced standing are subject to the approval of the MFFinTech Programme Director and committees concerned.