Skip to main content

HK Government Loan/Fund (For local applicants)


Extended Non-means-tested loan (ENLS loan)


Hong Kong residents are eligible to apply for an Extended Non-means-tested loan (ENLS loan) from the government’s Extended Non-means-tested loan scheme.

Applicants should have the right of abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong), or have resided or had a home in Hong Kong continuously for three complete years prior to the commencement of the programme / course.

Remarks: this does not cover students holding -

  1. Student visas/entry permits;
  2. Visas/entry permits under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates; or
  3. Dependant visas/entry permits which were issued to them by the Director of Immigration when they were 18 years old or above.

Visit the government's student finance office website for more details: