Dr. Alex Song YANG
Innovation and Information Management
- PhD: Chicago Booth
- Master: Chicago Booth (MBA)
- Bachelor: Tsinghua University
S. Alex Yang is an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong, and an Associate Professor of Management Science and Operations at London Business School (on leave). Alex teaches on the full time MBA, executive MBA, and executive education programmes. Alex holds a PhD and an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, an MS from Northwestern University, and a BS from Tsinghua University. His research focuses on supply chain finance, FinTech, business analytics, supply chain management, and risk management. His research has appeared in prestigious management and finance academic journals. Alex has worked, consulted, and collaborated with companies including banks, Fintech companies, hedge funds, retailers, technology companies, and airlines.
Business Data Analysis
Supply Chain Finance, FinTech, OM-Finance Interface, Supply Chain Management, Risk Management
- J. Chod, E. Lyandres, and S. A. Yang , "Trade Credit and Supplier Competition," Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- S. A. Yang and J. R. Birge (2018) "Trade Credit, Risk Sharing, and Inventory Financing Portfolios," Management Science, 64(8), 3667-3689.
- C. S. Tang, S. A. Yang , and J. Wu (2018) "Sourcing from Suppliers with Financial Constraints and Performance Risk," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 20(1), 70-84.
- J. R. Birge, R. P. Parker, M. X. Wu, and S. A. Yang (2017), "When Customers Anticipate Liquidation Sales: Managing Operations under Financial Distress," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 19(4), 657-673.
- H. Peura, S. A. Yang , and G. Lai (2017), "Trade Credit in Competition: A Horizontal Benefit," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 19(2), 263-289.
- S. A. Yang , J. R. Birge, and R. P. Parker (2015), "The Supply Chain Effects of Bankruptcy," Management Science, 61(10), 2320-2338.