- Ph.D., Yale University
- M.Acc., University of Waterloo
- Hons. B.Sc., University of Toronto
Dr. Andrew SINCLAIR received his Ph.D. degree in financial economics from Yale University in 2017. He also holds a master’s degree in finance from the University of Waterloo, and a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science from the University of Toronto.
His research studies the performance and capital flows of hedge funds, the role of financial connections in intermediated markets, the economics of collateral, and the impact of financial innovations on society.
- Hedge Funds
- Financial Intermediation
- Collateralized Lending
- Financial History
- “The Allocative Role of Prime Brokers” (2017)
- “Hedge Fund Advertising: Has Lifting the Advertising Ban Resulted in Smarter Investments?”
(with N. Mojir and K. Sudhir, 2017)
- “Hedge Fund Media Exposure: Third-Party Marketers as Gatekeepers” (2016)
- “Rehypothecation and the Pledgeability of Collateral” (2016)
- “A Model of Collateral Funding”
(with Z. Liu, 2017)