- Ph.D., M. Phil., Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- B.A., Ocean University of China
Chicheng MA joined the University of Hong Kong in 2017. Previously he was associate professor of economics in Shandong University. Chicheng received his PhD in Social Science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2011. His research interests are in economic history, development economics, and political economy.
- Economic History
- Development Economics
- Political Economy
- "Friends with Benefits: How Political Connections Help Sustain Private Enterprise Growth in China"
(with James Kung), Economica, 2016, early view.
- "Can Cultural Norms Reduce Conflicts? Confucianism and Peasant Rebellions in Qing China"
(with James Kung), Journal of Development Economics, 2014, 111.
- "Autarky and the Rise and Fall of Piracy in Ming China"
(with James Kung), Journal of Economic History, 2014, 74(2).