Mr. David BISHOP
Accounting and Law
BBA(Law) & LLB Programme Director
- Juris Doctor, The Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A. (History and Mandarin Chinese), Brigham Young University (magna cum laude)
Mr. Bishop is a Principal Lecturer at the University of Hong Kong and the International MBA Program at Fudan University, Shanghai. He has broad legal experience in the United States and across Asia, particularly China. Mr. Bishop has worked on major real estate, private equity, financing, and M&A deals, and participated in numerous negotiations in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. He has also acted as outside counsel in connection with various corporate, technology, life sciences and commercial matters for MNCs operating in Asia.
In addition to a robust private legal experience, Mr. Bishop focuses significant time on activities and programs providing direct benefit to the community. He consults companies about their ethics, CSR, pro bono, and social entrepreneurship initiatives, and is founder and director of multiple non-profit companies. He and his students are constantly looking for commercial solutions to complex societal problems.
Mr. Bishop adopts a multicultural approach to teaching, aiming to broaden the students’ perspectives and help them to apply complex analysis to real-world legal, ethical, and business problems.
Mr. Bishop won the Outstanding Teacher Award for his postgraduate teaching for the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Company Law
- International and Cross-Boundary Trade Law
- Legal & Ethical Environment of Global Business
- Social Entrepreneurship Management Internship Course
- Business Law & Ethics
- Business Communication, Ethics and Practice
- Legal Environment in Asia
- Business Ethics
- Refugee and Migrant Labor Law
- Social Enterprise
- Complex International Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- BBA(Law) & LLB Programme Coordinator