- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.A., Fudan University
Dr. Jianrong TIAN joined The University of Hong Kong as Assistant Professor in Economics in 2016. Before joining, he received his Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and finished his undergraduate study at Fudan University.
Tian's research interest is microeconomic theory, including information economics, game theory and mechanism design.
- Microeconomic Theory
- Information Economics
- Game Theory
- Mechanism Design
- "Optimal Interval Division," 2015
- "Monotone Comparative Statics for Cut-offs,"
Revise and Resubmit for Journal of Economic Theory, 2015
- "Informational Herding, Optimal Experimentation, and Contrarianism,"
(with Lones Smith and Peter Sørensen), Revise and Resubmit for Review of Economic Studies, 2015
- "The Law of Accuracy," 2015
- "Informational Inertia,"
(with Lones Smith), 2014