Dr. Jun HAN
Accounting and Law
BBA Admissions Tutor
- PhD NTU
- BEcon, MEcon Peking
Dr. Jun Han receives her Doctor of Philosophy in Accounting from Nanyang Technological University in year 2005. Before that, she obtains the bachelor and master degrees (both major in Economics) from Peking University. Dr. Jun Han joined HKU in year 2005 and was promoted to Associate Professor (with tenure) in year 2011. Dr. Jun Han has published in various accounting journals such as The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, and Journal of Accounting Literature.
- Undergraduate: Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Master of Finance: Financial Statement Analysis and Business Ethical Standards
Dr. Jun Han is interested in investigating judgment and decision making issues in accounting, primarily from psychological perspective. Her primary research interest lies in financial accounting issues such as earnings management, expectations management, and how the way accounting information is reported and disclosed influences investors' judgments. She is also interested in issues related to the effectiveness of the audit review process.
- Xia, Y. and Han, J. 2020. The Effects of Table Versus Formula Presentation Formats on Investors’ Judgment about Executive Compensation. European Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- Chen, W., Han, J. and H-T. Tan. 2016. Investor Reactions to Management Earnings Guidance Attributions: The Effects of News Valence, Attribution Locus, and Outcome Controllability. Accounting, Organizations, and Society 55 (NOV): 83-95.
- Han, J. 2013. A Literature Synthesis of Experimental Studies on Management Earnings Guidance. Journal of Accounting Literature 31: 49-70.
- Han, J., K. Jamal, and H-T. Tan. 2011. Auditors' Overconfidence in Predicting the Technical Knowledge of Superiors and Subordinates. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 30 (1): 101-119.
- Han, J. and H-T. Tan. 2010. Investors' Reactions to Management Earnings Guidance: The Joint Effect of Investment Position, News Valence, and Guidance Form. Journal of Accounting Research 48 (1): 81-104.
- Han, J., and H-T. Tan. 2007. Investors' Reactions to Management Guidance Forms: The Influence of Multiple Benchmarks. The Accounting Review 82 (2): 521-543.
- BBA Program Director, since July 2013
- Chief Examiner, School of Business, since July 2013