- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- M.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A., B.S., Renmin University of China
Dr. Lei ZHANG received his Ph.D. degree in Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2016. He also holds a B.A. in Economics and a B.S. in Mathematics from Renmin University of China, and an M.A. in Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles. Lei joined the Faculty of Business and Economics at The University of Hong Kong in 2016 as Assistant Professor.
Lei’s main research areas are macro finance, firm dynamics, labor economics, and asset pricing.
- Financial Economics
- Labour Economics
- Firm Dynamics
- “Financial Leverage, Job Reallocation, and Firm Dynamics over the Business Cycle”
(Job Market Paper)
- “Risk and Return in Segmented Markets with Expertise,”
(with Andrea Eisfeldt and Hanno Lustig)
- “Entry, Exit, and Capital Structure over the Business Cycle”