Dr. Michael C.L. CHAU
Innovation and Information Management
- BS HK
- PhD Arizona
Michael Chau is currently an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Business and Economics and the Warden of Lee Chi Hung Hall at the University of Hong Kong. He received a Ph.D. degree in Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona and a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science (Information Systems) from the University of Hong Kong. His research interests include business analytics, artificial intelligence, web mining, social media, electronic commerce, healthcare informatics, and security informatics.
He is the author of more than 140 articles and has been ranked in a research productivity study as the #14 most productive researcher in the field of information science in the period 1998-2007.
Michael has taught a wide range of courses at HKU, including database management, computer networking, business analytics and big data, artificial intelligence, project management, spreadsheet modelling, and computer programming.
- Business analytics
- Artificial intelligence
- Web mining and social media
- Electronic commerce
- Healthcare informatics
- Security informatics
Please refer to https://pweb.fbe.hku.hk/~mchau/publications.html
- AIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award
- HKU Outstanding Young Researcher Award
- HKU Faculty Knowledge Exchange Award
- IEEE ISI Best Conference Paper Runner-up (2016)
- PACIS Best Conference Paper (2006)
- Keynote speaker/Invited speaker at more than 10 conferences and workshops
- AIS Sandra Slaughter Service Award (2016)