- Ph.D., London School of Economics and Political Science
- M.A., Tsinghua University
- B.A., Tsinghua University
Dr. Shiyang HUANG received his Ph.D. degree in finance from the London School of Economics in 2015. He also holds a master degree and a bachelor degree in economics from Tsinghua University. He joined The University of Hong Kong in 2015.
Shiyang’s research agenda focuses on financial economics and empirical asset pricing. He has published research papers in several academic journals including Journal of Financial Economics, Management Science and Journal of Economic Theory. He also won the best paper awards at academic conferences, including Best Paper Award at 7th Melbourne Asset Pricing Meeting, Conference Best Paper Award at China International Conference in Finance of 2019, Best Paper Award at 14th Annual Conference in Financial Economics Research by Eagle Labs (IDC) of 2017, Yihong Xia Best Paper Award at hina International Conference in Finance of 2015, Conference Best Paper Award at Paris December Finance Meeting of 2014, IdR QUANTVALLEY / FdR Quantitative Management Initiative Research Award of 2013.
For a full and up-to-date profile, please visit http://www.fbe.hku.hk/~huangsy/
- Financial Economics
- Asset Pricing
- Information Economics
- "Offsetting Disagreement and Security Prices" (with Byoung-Hwang, Dong Lou and Chengxi Yin), Management Science (forthcoming)
- "Institutionalization, Delegation, and Asset Prices," (with Zhigang Qiu and Liyan Yang), Journal of Economic Theory, 186, 2020, 104977
- "Attention Allocation and Return Co-movement: Evidence from Repeated Natural Experiments" (with Yulin Huang and Tse-Chun Lin), Journal of Financial Economics, 132(2), 2019, 369-383