Back to Faculty Members
Dr. Shuqing LUO
Accounting and Law
Academic & Professional Qualification
- PhD: University of Pittsburgh 2010
- Master: Nanyang Technological University 2003
- July 2018 – now, Associate professor (with tenure) of accounting, The University of Hong Kong
- Nov 2010 – June 2018, Assistant professor of accounting, National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Managerial Accounting, NUS 2016-2018
- Corporate Governance and Ethics, NUS 2014-2015
- Introduction of Financial Accounting, NUS 2010-2013
- Financial Accounting, University of Pittsburgh 2008
- Industrial Organization And Information Transfer
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Reporting And Disclosure
- Executive Compensation
- Corporate Governance
- Lenders' experience with borrowers' major customers and the debt contracting demand for accounting conservatism, 2018, with Guojin Gong. The Accounting Review 93(5).
- Information complementarities and supply chain analysts, 2015, with Nandu J. Nagarajan. The Accounting Review 90(5): 1995-2029.
- Making the same mistake all over again: CEO overconfidence and corporate resistance to corrective feedback, 2015, with Guoli Chen, and Craig Crossland. Strategic Management Journal 36 (10): 1513-1535.
- Probation passed: Earnings management in interim CEOs succession episodes, 2015, with Guoli Chen, Yi Tang, and Jamie Y. Tong. Academy of Management Journal 58 (5): 1389-1418.
- CEO turnover, financial distress and contractual innovations, 2014, with John Harry Evans III, and Nandu J. Nagarajan. The Accounting Review 89 (3): 959-990.
- Client-auditor supply chain relationships, audit quality, and audit pricing, 2014, with Karla Johnston, and Chan Li. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 33 (4): 119-166.
- Why do CFOs become involved in material accounting manipulations?, 2011, with Mei, Feng, Weili Ge, and Terry Shevlin. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 51 (1-2): 21-36.
Service to the University/Community
- Ad Hoc reviewer for: The Accounting Review, Management Science, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Accounting Horizon, Accounting and Finance, Australian Journal of Management; European Journal of Management; Financial Analysts Journal; Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance; Journal of Management Accounting Research; Hong Kong Government’s Research Grant Council; AAA annual meetings, CAAA annual meetings, EAA annual meetings, FARs mid-year meetings, AAA managerial accounting mid-year meetings, and AAA mid-year auditing meetings, etc.
- Discussant for: AAA annual meetings, CAAA annual meetings, EAA annual meetings, FARs mid-year meetings, AAA managerial accounting mid-year meetings, AAA mid-year auditing meetings, Multi-national Finance Society Annual Conference, Singapore Management University Accounting Symposium, etc.