Dr. Steve Y. WU
Accounting and Law
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011
- M.S., National Cheng-Chi University, 2002
- B.B.A., National Taiwan University, 2000
Dr. Steve Wu is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the University of Hong Kong. He obtained his Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Steve’s research focuses in the area of management accounting, especially the design of management control systems and how these systems influence employees/managers’ decisions and behaviors. He is also interested in topics of corporate governance and executive compensation.
Management Accounting and Control
- Van der Stede, W., A. Wu, and S.Y. Wu. 2020. An Empirical Analysis of Employee Responses to Bonuses and Penalties. The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- Chen, C.X., E.M. Matsumura, J.Y. Shin, and S.Y. Wu. 2015. The Effect of Competition Intensity and Competition Type on the Use of Customer Satisfaction Measures in Executive Annual Bonus Contracts. The Accounting Review 90:229-263.
- Ho, J.L., A. Wu, and S.Y. Wu. 2014. Performance Measures, Consensus on Strategy Implementation, and Performance: Evidence from the Operational-level of Organizations. Accounting, Organizations and Society 39(1): 38-58.
- Gong, J., and S.Y. Wu. 2011. CEO Turnover in Private Equity Sponsored Leveraged Buyouts. Corporate Governance: An International Review 19(3): 195-209