- Doctorate, Technische Universität München
- Diploma, Technische Universität München
Dr. Thomas SCHMID joined The University of Hong Kong as Assistant Professor in Finance in 2015. Before joining, he finished his dissertation in Finance and worked as Post-Doctoral Researcher at Technische Universität München. His main research area is empirical corporate finance. Currently he is working on projects which investigate the impact of labor rights, operating flexibility, and product market characteristics on firms’ financing decisions. Please refer to www.thomasschmid.org for his CV and more details.
Empirical Corporate Finance, with a focus on Corporate Governance, Labor Rights, and Product Markets
- “Product Price Risk and Liquidity Management: Evidence from the Electricity Industry,”
(with Chen Lin and Michael S. Weisbach). Management Science, forthcoming.
- “Is Skin in the Game a Game Changer? Evidence from Mandatory Changes of D&O Insurance Policies,”
(with Chen Lin, Micah S. Officer and Hong Zou). Journal of Accounting and Economics, 2019, 68(1), 101225.
- “Employee Representation and Financial Leverage,”
(with Chen Lin and Yuhai Xuan). Journal of Financial Economics, 2018, 127(2), 303-324.
- “Production Flexibility, Product Markets, and Capital Structure Decisions,”
(with Sebastian J. Reinartz). The Review of Financial Studies, 2016, 29(6), 1501-1548.
- “Control Considerations, Creditor Monitoring, and the Capital Structure of Family Firms,” Journal of Banking and Finance, 2013, 37(2), 257-272.