Dr. Wataru MIYAMOTO
- PhD: Economics, Columbia University
- Master: Economics, Columbia University
Economics, University of Tokyo
- Bachelor: Economics, University of Tokyo
Wataru Miyamoto is an assistant professor in the HKU Business School. He joined the University of Hong Kong in 2018. His research interests include empirical macroeconomics and international macroeconomics. He received his Ph.D. in Economics from Columbia University in 2014.
Intermediate Macroeconomics (ECON2220B, C, D, 2019 Spring)
Macroeconomics, International Macroeconomics
- "The Expectational Effects of News in Business Cycles: Evidence from Forecast Data” (with Thuy Lan Nguyen), Journal of Monetary Economics, forthcoming.
- "The Effects of Government Spending on Real Exchange Rates: Evidence from Military Spending Panel Data" (with Thuy Lan Nguyen and Viacheslav Sheremirov), Journal of International Economics, Vol. 116, January 2019, Pages 144-157.
- "Government Spending Multipliers under the Zero Lower Bound: Evidence from Japan" (with Thuy Lan Nguyen and Dmitriy Sergeyev), American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, Vol. 10(3), July 2018, Pages 247-277.
- "The Effects of Tax Changes at the Zero Lower Bound: Evidence from Japan" (with Akihisa Kato, Thuy Lan Nguyen, and Dmitriy Sergeyev), AEA Papers & Proceedings, Vol. 108, May 2018, Pages 513-518.
- "Business Cycles in Small Open Economies: Evidence from Panel Data Between 1990 and 2013" (with Thuy Lan Nguyen), International Economic Review, Vol. 58(3), August 2017, Pages 1007-1044.
- "Understanding the Cross-Country Effects of U.S. Technology Shocks" (with Thuy Lan Nguyen), Journal of International Economics, Vol. 106, May 2017, Pages 143-164.