Dr. Winnie S.C. LEUNG
Accounting and Law
Assistant Dean (Undergraduate)
- PhD in Accountancy, CUHK
- CPA, Hong Kong
- CMA, Australia
Dr. Winnie Leung joined HKU in 2010. She is a CPA in Hong Kong with practical experience in banking and accounting. Dr. Leung is passionate towards teaching and learning. She has taken several initiatives in eLearning and experiential learning. She launched an online course of "Introduction to Financial Accounting" on Moodle in early 2013. She has been the Programme Coordinator of "Business Consulting Practicum" (for 3 years from 2011 to 2013) which provides real-life consulting experience to undergraduate students. Beyond the classroom, Dr. Leung has been the mentor of different student knowledge exchange projects. One of the pioneered projects is "Business Ethics - Pathway to Future Leaders" which aims to promote business ethics to local secondary school students, with the support of HKU Student Knowledge Exchange Project Grant Scheme for two consecutive years in 2012-13. Dr. Leung's enthusiasm and devotion in teaching and learning has earned her high recognition for teaching excellence. She was given the Outstanding Teacher Award (Undergraduate Teaching) by the Faculty of Business and Economics (HKU Business School) in 2012 and 2018. Dr. Leung's research interests include Financial Accounting, Corporate Governance and Family Firms.
- Advanced Financial Accounting (ACCT4104)
- Financial Accounting Foundation (MACC7001)
- Advanced Financial Accounting (MACC7003)
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Governance
- Family Firms
- Fan, J. P. & W. S. C. Leung, 2020. The impact of ownership transferability on family firm governance and performance: The case of family trusts, Journal of Corporate Finance, 61: 101409.
- Chyz, J., W. S. C. Leung, O. Z. Li, & O. M. Rui, 2013. Labor unions and tax aggressiveness, Journal of Financial Economics, 108: 675-698.
- Faculty Outstanding Teacher Award (Undergraduate Teaching) 2011 – 2012, 2017 – 2018
- Committee Member, ACCA Student Affairs Sub-Committee (2010 – Present)
- Member of Academic Advisory Panel of QP Case Analysis Competition, HKICPA (2013 – Present)
- Academic Adviser, HKU Business School, HKU (2012 – Present)
- Honorary Treasurer, HKUSU (Jan 2012 – Dec 2015, Jan 2019 – Present)