Dr. Yiwen ZHANG
Management and Strategy
- Ph.D. (Management) Arizona State University 2013
- Ph.D. coursework (Management) University of Florida 2008-2011
- M.S. (Clinical Psychology) Peking University 2007
- B.S. (Psychology) & B.A. (Economics) Peking University 2005
Dr. Zhang is an Associate Professor of Management in the HKU Business School. He obtained his Ph.D. in management from the W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, and his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in psychology and economics from Peking University. Dr. Zhang’s research in general considers how work and life experiences shape the well-being and performance of organizational members. His work has appeared in leading academic journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Personnel Psychology.
- Organizational Leadership (MBA)
- Current Directions in Human Resource Management (MBA)
- Principles of Management
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Work Stress
- Employee Engagement
- Self and Identity
- Personnel Selection
- Zhang, Y., Zhang, Y., Ng, T. W. H., & Lam, S. S. K. 2019. Promotion- and prevention-focused coping: A meta-analytic examination of regulatory strategies in the work stress process.Journal of Applied Psychology, 104: 1296-1323.
Rubenstein, A. L., Zhang, Y., Ma, K., Morrison, H. M., & Jorgensen, D. F. 2019. Trait expression through perceived job characteristics: A meta-analytic path model linking personality and job attitudes. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 112: 141-157.
- LePine, M. A., Zhang, Y., Crawford, E. R, & Rich, B. L. 2016. Turning their pain to gain: Charismatic leader influence on follower stress appraisal and job performance. Academy of Management Journal, 59: 1036-1059.
- Zhang, Y., LePine, J. A., Buckman, B. R., & Wei, F. 2014. It’s not fair…or is it? The role of justice and leadership in explaining work stressor-job performance relationships. Academy of Management Journal, 57: 675-697.
- Kammeyer-Mueller, J. D., Rubenstein, A. L., Long, D. M., Odio, M., Buckman, B. R., Zhang, Y., & Halvorsen-Ganepola, M. D. K. 2013. A meta-analytic structural model of dispositional affectivity and emotional labor. Personnel Psychology, 66: 47-90.
- Research Output Prize, University of Hong Kong, 2015
- “Dare to Care” Doctoral Scholar Award, Arizona State University, 2013