Back to Faculty Members
Dr. Yiwen ZHANG
Management and Strategy
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Ph.D. (Management) Arizona State University 2013
- Ph.D. coursework (Management) University of Florida 2008-2011
- M.S. (Clinical Psychology) Peking University 2007
- B.S. (Psychology) & B.A. (Economics) Peking University 2005
- Organizational Leadership (MBA)
- Current Directions in Human Resource Management (MBA)
- Principles of Management
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Work Stress
- Employee Engagement
- Self and Identity
- Personnel Selection
Selected Journal Publications
- Zhang, Y., Zhang, Y., Ng, T. W. H., & Lam, S. S. K. forthcoming. Promotion- and prevention-focused coping: A meta-analytic examination of regulatory strategies in the work stress process. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Rubenstein, A. L., Zhang, Y., Ma, K., Morrison, H. M., & Jorgensen, D. F. forthcoming. Trait expression through perceived job characteristics: A meta-analytic path model linking personality and job attitudes. Journal of Vocational Behavior.
- LePine, M. A., Zhang, Y., Crawford, E. R, & Rich, B. L. 2016. Turning their pain to gain: Charismatic leader influence on follower stress appraisal and job performance. Academy of Management Journal, 59: 1036-1059.
- Zhang, Y., LePine, J. A., Buckman, B. R., & Wei, F. 2014. It’s not fair…or is it? The role of justice and leadership in explaining work stressor-job performance relationships. Academy of Management Journal, 57: 675-697.
- Kammeyer-Mueller, J. D., Rubenstein, A. L., Long, D. M., Odio, M., Buckman, B. R., Zhang, Y., & Halvorsen-Ganepola, M. D. K. 2013. A meta-analytic structural model of dispositional affectivity and emotional labor. Personnel Psychology, 66: 47-90.
Major Competitive Grants
- Principle Investigator: General Research Fund (GRF) of Hong Kong Research Grant Council (#17522816), 2016-2018, HK$ 387,000
- Principle Investigator: Early Career Scheme (ECS) of Hong Kong Research Grant Council (#27503015), 2015-2017, HK$ 599,748
Honors and Awards
- Research Output Prize, University of Hong Kong, 2014-2015
- “Dare to Care” Doctoral Scholar Award, Arizona State University, 2013
- Distinguished Graduate, Peking University, 2007