Dr. Yujing XU
- Ph.D., M.A., University of California
- B.A., B.S., Peking University
Dr. Yujing XU received her M.A. and Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles. She also holds a B.A. in Economics and B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Peking University. She joined the HKU Business School at The University of Hong Kong in 2014 as an Assistant Professor.
Yujing’s main research areas are economic theory, search theory and industrial organization, and she is interested in applied theory in general. Her current research focuses on the holdup problem with search frictions, assortative matching, and innovation.
- Search Theory
- Applied Theory
- “Unobservable Investments and Search Frictions"
- “Search with Private Information: Sorting, Price Formation and Convergence of Perfect Competition"
(with Kenneth Mirkin).
- “Targeted Search with Horizontal Differentiation in the Marriage Market"
(with Huanxing Yang).
- “Inter-Dealer Trades in OTC Markets - Who Buy and Who Sell?"
(with Chung-Yi Tse).
- “Patents and Allocation of Resources over Innovation Projects"