- Ph.D., Columbia University
- B.A., Tsinghua University
Dr. Zigan WANG received his Ph.D. from Columbia University and joined The University of Hong Kong as Assistant Professor of Finance in 2015. He finished his undergraduate study at Tsinghua University in 2009.
Finance: foreign exchange, hedge fund, empirical corporate finance, banking, international finance
Economics: environmental economics, political economics
Accounting: tax avoidance, auditing quality, disclosure
- “Bank Networks and Acquisitions,”
(with Ross Levine and Chen Lin), Forthcoming at Management Science.
- "Technical Trading: Is it still Beating the Foreign Exchange Market?"
(with P-H. Hsu and M. P. Taylor), Journal of International Economics, Vol. 102, September 2016, pp. 188-208.
- "Corporate Governance, Policies and Public Listing: The Case of Chinese State-owned Enterprises,"
in S. Boubaker and D.K Nguyen (ed.), Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility: Emerging Markets Focus, World Scientific Publishing, 2014.