Dr. Jingqi WANG
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., Northwestern University
- M.A., Northwestern University
- B.S., Tsinghua University
Jingqi Wang received his Ph.D. Degree in operations management from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University in 2013. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering from Tsinghua University, and a Master of Art degree in economics from Northwestern University. He joined HKU in 2013 as an assistant professor, and became an associate professor in 2018.
- IIMT3636 Decision and Risk Analysis I/ BUSI0036 Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions I.
- IIMT3635 Operations Management/ BUSI0023 Operations and Quality Management.
- MSBA7015 Service Operations Management.
- Empirical Studies in Operations Management, Technology Supply Chains, Innovation in Supply Chains.
- Impact of Trade Credit Financing on Firm Performance in Supply Chains. Foundations and Trends® in Technology, Information and Operations Management: Vol. 10: No. 3-4, pp 253-269. http://dx.doi.org/10.1561/0200000062.
- Trade Credit Financing under Competition and its Impact on Firm Performance in Supply Chains. M&SOM. 20(1) 36-52. With H. Lee and J. Zhou.
- Impact of Queue Configuration on Service Time: Evidence from a Supermarket. Management Science. Articles in Advance. With Y. Zhou.
- The Value of “Bespoke”: Demand Learning, Preference Learning, and Customer Behavior. Management Science. Articles in Advance. With T. Huang and C. Liang.
- Decision Structure and Performance of Networked Technology Supply Chains. M&SOM. Articles in Advance. With X. Wu, and V. Krishnan.
- The Impact of Contracts and Competition on Upstream Innovation in a Supply Chain. Production and Operations Management.24(1) 134-146, 2015. With H. Shin.
Awards and Honours
- PI, General Research Fund (GRF). Title: “The Impact of the Bundled Payment Policy Scheme on Operational Performance in Health Care”.
- PI, General Research Fund (GRF). Title: “Models and Analysis of Dual-Channel Supply Chain Strategies”
- PI, General Research Fund (GRF). Title: “Optimizing Reliability and Extended Warranty Pricing Decisions in a Supply Chain”
Service to the University/Community
- Editorial Review Board member for Production and Operations Management Journal, 2015-current.
- Secretary of POMS HK Chapter, 2015-current.
- Referee for Management Science, Operations Research, M&SOM, Production and Operations Management, and European Journal of Operational Research.
- Organizing committee member and treasurer for the Fifth POMS-HK International Conference.