Academic & Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
- M.A., Nanjing University
- B.A., Nanjing University
He (Michael) Jia joined the University of Hong Kong in 2016. His research focuses on marketing-related visual cues and promotion decisions. His research has been published in the Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Consumer Psychology. He has won the 2015 ACR-Sheth Foundation Dissertation Award and 2016 AMS-Mary Kay Dissertation Proposal Competition.
- Jia, He (Michael), B. Kyu Kim, and Lin Ge (2020), “Speed Up, Size Down: How Animated Movement Speed in Product Videos Influences Size Assessment and Product Evaluation,” Journal of Marketing, 84 (5), 100–16.
- Jia, He (Michael), Sha Yang, Xianghua Lu, and C. Whan Park (2018), “Do Consumers Always Spend More When Coupon Face Value is Larger? The Inverted U-Shaped Effect of Coupon Face Value on Consumer Spending Level,” Journal of Marketing, 82 (4), 70–85.
- Eisingerich, Andreas B., Hae Eun Chun, Yeyi Liu, He (Michael) Jia, and Simon J. Bell (2015), “Why Recommend a Brand Face-to-Face but not on Facebook? How Word-of-Mouth on Online Social Sites Differs from Traditional Word-of-Mouth,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 25 (1), 120–28. (Equal Authorship)
Grants and Awards
- Principal Investigator, General Research Fund, The Research Grants Council of Hong Kong, 2020
- Research Output Prize, The University of Hong Kong, 2018-2019
- Outstanding Teacher Award (Undergraduate), HKU Business School, 2018-2019
- Principal Investigator, Early Career Scheme, The Research Grants Council of Hong Kong, 2017
- Winner, AMS-Mary Kay Dissertation Proposal Competition, Academy of Marketing Science, 2016
- Co-Winner, ACR-Sheth Foundation Dissertation Award, Association for Consumer Research, 2015
- USC Graduate School Dissertation Completion Fellowship, University of Southern California, 2015
- PDMA-UIC Innovation Doctoral Consortium Research Award of Excellence, Product Development and Management Association & University of Illinois at Chicago, 2014