Academic & Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., University of Hong Kong
- M.S., University of Oxford
- B.B.A., Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Before joining the HKU Business School, Dr. Vera YUEN held teaching positions at the School of Communication of Hong Kong Baptist University, and at the School of Humanities and Social Science of HKUST. She was Consultant to Our Hong Kong Foundation in 2015 on its housing and land project.
Vera is eager to serve the community. She was appointed a member of the Panel of Film Censorship Adviser of the Office for Film, Newspaper and Article Administration, and is now a member of the Appeal Panel (Housing), Sir Jack Cater Scholarship Fund Selection Committee, and the Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) Programme Advisory Panel.
She is a current affairs commentator and columnist in major newspapers and media. As a regular host of an academic talk show in RTHK, she provides academic insights into social issues for the public. Joining hands with NGOs, she engages herself in youth education and policy education.
- Public Policy, Political Economy, Comparative Politics, Comparative Social Policy
- Yuen, W. H. V. (2020). COVID-19 shock takes its toll on Hong Kong’s economy. East Asia Forum.
- YUEN, W. H. V. (2017). Youth home ownership and its social implications. Journal of Youth Studies, 21(1), 48-60.
- YUEN, W. H. V. (2018). The plight of youth home ownership in Hong Kong, New Society for Taiwan, 58, 7-16.
- YUEN, W. H. V. (2016). The debate of Hong Kong retirement protection, New Society for Taiwan, 43, 43-46.
- WONG, Y. C. R., TSANG, W. H. W., & YUEN, W. H. V. (2015). Maximizing land use to boost development optimizing housing resources to benefit all. Our Hong Kong Foundation.