Academic & Professional Qualification
- PhD, NUS
- BBA, Fudan University
Dr. Yan is an Assistant Professor in Strategy and International Business. Prior to joining HKU, he has taught at the NUS Business School.
Dr. Yan’s research has focused on how market and non-market forces interact to impact firm strategies and performance. In particular, his recent research work examines the contingent effects of corporate political strategies on firm outcomes.
- Strategy for International Business (MGM Capstone Course)
- Company Field Trip (MGM Elective Course)
- Strategic Management (Undergraduate Capstone Course)
- Corporate Political Strategy
- Emerging Economy
- International Management
Refereed Journal Publications
- Yan J.Z. & Chang S.J. 2018. “The Contingent Effects of Political Strategies on Firm Performance: A Political Network Perspective.” Strategic Management Journal.
- General Research Fund. 2021 – 2022. PI. “Antecedents of Corporate Political Strategies: A Political Network Perspective.” HK$725,710. RGC. Hong Kong SAR.
Service to the University/Community
- Ad Hoc Reviewer: Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Organization, Journal of Management Studies, Business & Society, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Journal of World Business
- Course Coordinator: Strategic Management (Undergraduate Capstone)