Dr. Chao DING
Academic & Professional Qualification
- PhD: University of Florida
- MSc: The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- BBA: Sun Yat-sen University
Chao Ding obtained his Ph.D. degree in the Department of Information Systems and Operations Management in Warrington College of Business and Administration at University of Florida in 2014. Dr. Ding holds a B.S. in optical engineering from Sun Yat-sen University and an M.S. in Economics from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- BUSI0036 – Quantitative analysis for business decisions
- IIMT3636 – Decision and risk analysis
- IIMT2601 – Management information systems
- MSBA7001 – Business intelligence and analytics
- Social Media
- Internet Financing
- Information Goods
- “Strategic Waiting for Disruption Forecasts in Cross‐Border E‐Commerce Operations” with B. Niu, K. Chen, L. Chen, and X. Yue, Production and Operations Management, forthcoming.
- “Click to Success? The Temporal Effects of Facebook Likes on Crowdfunding” with Y. Jin, Y. Duan, and H.K. Cheng, (2020), Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 21(5), 1191-1213.
- “Retail Clusters in Developing Economies” with X. Zhao, A. Lim, H. Guo, and J.S. Song, (2019), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 21(2), 452-467.
- “To Join or Not to Join Group Purchasing Organization: A Vendor’s Decision” with Y.C. Yang, H.K. Cheng, and S. Li, (2017), European Journal of Operational Research, 258(2), 581-589.
- “The Power of the ‘Like’ Button: The Impact of Social Media on Box Office” with H.K. Cheng, Y. Duan, and Y. Jin, (2017), Decision Support Systems, 94, 77-84.
Awards and Honours
HKU Business School Undergraduate Teaching Award 2018