Hsiao-Hui Lee received her Ph.D. Degree in Operations Management and the Master of Science in Business Administration from University of Rochester. She obtains her Master and Bachelor of Science degrees in civil engineering.
Prior to joining the School of Business, University of Hong Kong, she was the visiting assistant professor at University of Connecticut.
Empirical operations management, sustainability, innovation, service operations and management.
- "A Queueing Model to Evaluate the Impact of Patient "Batching" on Throughput and Flow Time in a Medical Teaching Facility," with Gregory Dobson, Arvind Sainathan, and Vera Tilson, 2012, M&SOM, 14(4), pp.584-599
- "Outsourcing a Two-Level Service Process," with Edieal Pinker and Robert Shumsky, 2012, Management Science, 58(8), pp.1569-1584
- "A Model of ICU Bumping," with Gregory Dobson and Edieal Pinker, 2010, Operations Research, 58(6), pp. 1564-1576 (Finalist, Pierskalla Prize Competition of INFORMS 2008)
- "Can Flexibility be Constraining?" with Edieal Pinker and Oded Berman, 2009, IIE Transactions, 42(1), pp. 42-59
- "Sustainability and Competition for Limited Critical Resources," 2013, Proceedings of 2013 M&SOM Conference
- "Sourcing for Quality: Pricing, Inspection, and Collaboration," 2011, Proceedings of 2011 M&SOM Conference
- "Managing ICU Bumping," with Gregory Dobson and Edieal Pinker, 2010, Proceedings of 2010 M&SOM Conference"
- "Managing the Outsourcing of Two-Level Service Processes: Literature Review and Integration," with Edieal Pinker, Robert Shumsky, and Sameer Hasija, 2010, Proceedings of HICSS'43
- "Outsourcing a Two-Tier Service Process," with Edieal Pinker and Robert Shumsky, 2009, Proceedings of 2009 M&SOM Conference
- "The Drivers and Impacts of Knowledge Exchange within a Supply Chain: An Empirical Study," Hong Kong Research Grant Council, General Research Grant, HKD$828,000, 2013-2016 (Co-I: P.-H. Hsu).
- "The effect of competition on firms' sustainable policies," Hong Kong Research Grant Council, General Research Grant, HKD$600,600, 2012-2015
- "The role of Sustainability in firm's operational strategies," Seed Funding Programme for Basic Research, School of Business at HKU, HKD$120,000, Oct. 27, 2011 (Co-I: M. Nunez and J. Cruz).