Ms Louisa Cheang
Ms Louisa Cheang is Vice-Chairman and Chief Executive of Hang Seng Bank, and Chairman of Hang Seng Bank (China) and various subsidiaries in Hang Seng Group. She is Chairman of Hang Seng Index Advisory Committee of Hang Seng Indexes, and a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation. She is also a Group General Manager of HSBC and a Director of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
Ms Cheang graduated from the University of Hong Kong receiving a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree. She joined HSBC in 1999, and has worked across a wide range of Personal Financial Services and Marketing positions. She was appointed Head of Personal Financial Services, Hong Kong in 2007; Regional Director of Personal Financial Services, Asia Pacific in 2009; and Regional Head of Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Asia Pacific in 2010. Ms Cheang became Group Head of Retail Banking, HSBC in 2014 prior to her appointment as Vice-Chairman and Chief Executive of Hang Seng Bank in 2017.
Ms Cheang currently also holds the following appointments:
- Board Member of The Community Chest of Hong Kong
- International Advisor of China Union Pay
- Member of The Twelfth Jiangsu Provincial Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference
- Member of the Consulting Committee of Qianhai & Shekou Area of Shenzhen, China (Guangdong) Pilot Free Trade Zone, and Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone of Shenzhen
- Non-Independent Executive Director of HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad
- Vice President of The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
Her previous appointments include:
- Marketing Director of Citibank N.A.
- Director of The Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation Limited
- Director of various subsidiaries in HSBC