Orientation for Freshmen
HKU and FACULTY REGISTRATION FOR 2018-19 NEW STUDENTS
All freshmen of the Faculty of Business and Economics have to come in person to register as full-time undergraduates in August 2018. Freshmen whose fulfilments of condition(s) stated in the Offer of Admissions are confirmed should complete the University and Faculty Registration as soon as possible (for freshmen who do not require visa to study in Hong Kong) / in late-August (for freshmen who require visa to study in Hong Kong). Faculty Registration should be completed by August 31, 2018 (Friday).
The Faculty Orientation cum Tea Gathering will be held on August 29, 2018 (Wednesday) for late-comers and freshmen who did not join the August 9 session. This will be an invaluable opportunity for you to get acquainted with the teachers as well as your fellow classmates.
Please refer to the below for the detailed registration procedures:
For enquiries, please contact Miss Aeris Lee at (852) 3917-5300.
FACULTY ORIENTATION cum TEA GATHERING (For Late-comers)
To welcome all new students, you are invited to join the Faculty Orientation cum Tea Gathering:
Date: August 29, 2018 (Wednesday)*
Time: 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Venue: Rayson Huang Theatre, The University of Hong Kong
*This session is identical to the one held on August 9, 2018 (Thursday). If you miss the previous one, you are strongly recommended to join us on August 29, 2018 (Wednesday).
- Factsheet: BBA, BBA(Acc&Fin), BBA(IBGM), BBA(IS), BBA(Law)&LLB, BEcon, BEcon&Fin, BFin(AMPB), BSc(QFin)
- Presentation: BBA(Acc&Fin)
REGULATIONS AND SYLLABUSES 2018-19
COURSE ENROLMENT PERIOD 2018-19
Students are able to enrol courses during the following periods:
[1st day of teaching: Sep 3, 2018 (Mon)]
Online Course Selection Period:
[1st day of teaching: Jan 14, 2019 (Mon)]
[1st day of teaching: Jun 24, 2019 (Mon)]
*Students are not allowed to make any changes to their course selection during the suspension period.
Enrolment of Common Core Course
- Course Selection Period in August (Course approval method: First-Come-First-Served)
- Add/Drop Period (Course approval method: Auto-Ballot)
*IMPORTANT: You should ensure that your Common Core course selection does not violate the requirement of not taking more than one course from any AoI in an academic year. Otherwise, your enrolment will be disapproved by the system automatically.
Students are required to meet with his/her Faculty Academic Adviser (FAA) once every semester in their first year of study to discuss different academic issues.
After the sign-up period, you can check who your FAAs are via SIS by the following procedures:
- Login to HKU Portal
- On the left-hand side menu, click “Student Information System”, and a new window for SIS will pop up
- In the new SIS window, click “Self-service” on the left-hand menu
- Click “Student Center on the menu
- The name of the assigned Faculty Academic Adviser appears on the right-hand side under the heading “Adviser”
COURSE COUNSELLING SELECTION SESSIONS
- Student Academic Advisers will serve on-site and provide valuable advices on various academic matters.
- Available on September 5 and 11 at KKL Room 308. Please drop by anytime from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..