Orientation for Freshmen
UNIVERSITY AND FACULTY REGISTRATION FOR 2019-20 NEW STUDENTS
All freshmen of the Faculty of Business and Economics have to come in person to register as full-time undergraduates in August 2019. Freshmen whose fulfilments of condition(s) stated in the Offer of Admissions are confirmed should complete the University and Faculty Registration as soon as possible (for freshmen who do not require visa to study in Hong Kong) / in late-August (for freshmen who require visa to study in Hong Kong). Faculty Registration should be completed by August 30, 2019 (Friday).
Please refer to the below for the detailed registration procedures:
- JUPAS Students[ BBA(Law)&LLB, All Other FBE Programmes]
- Non-JUPAS Students (student visa NOT required) [ BBA(Law)&LLB, All Other FBE Programmes]
- Non-JUPAS Students (student visa required) [ All FBE Programmes]
For enquiries, please contact Miss Aeris Lee at (852) 3917-5300.
FACULTY ORIENTATION cum TEA GATHERING (For Late-comers)
To welcome all new students, you are invited to join the Faculty Orientation cum Tea Gathering:
Date: August 28, 2019 (Wednesday)*
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Venue: Rayson Huang Theatre, The University of Hong Kong
This will be an invaluable opportunity for you to get acquainted with the teachers as well as your fellow classmates.
* This session is identical to the one held on August 8, 2019 (Thursday). If you did not attend the August 8 session, you are strongly advised to join us on August 28, 2019 (Wednesday).
- Factsheet [ BBA, BBA(Acc&Fin), BBA(IBGM), BBA(IS), BBA(Law)&LLB, BEcon, BEcon&Fin, BFin(AMPB), BSc(QFin)]
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- STUDENT HANDBOOK 2019-20
- DATES OF SEMESTERS 2019-20
- COURSE OUTLINES
- DEGREE REGULATIONS AND SYLLABUSES [BBA, BBA(Acc&Fin), BBA(IBGM), BBA(IS), BBA(Law)&LLB, BEcon, BEcon&Fin, BFin(AMPB), BSc(QFin)]
- CAES1000 CORE UNIVERSITY ENGLISH (CUE) [ Guidelines on Enrolment, and Applications for Advanced Standing/Exemption]
- COMMON CORE CURRICULUM
Common Core Course Enrolment
- Course Selection Period in August (Course approval method: First-Come-First-Served)
- Add/Drop Period (Course approval method: Auto-Ballot)
- COURSE ENROLMENT PERIOD 2019-20
(VIDEO DEMO FOR COURSE SELECTION ON SIS)
Students are able to enrol courses during the following periods:
[1st day of teaching: September 2, 2019 (Monday)]
Online Course Selection Period:
Add/Drop Period (for 1st/2nd semester/full-year courses):
[1st day of teaching: January 20, 2020 (Monday)]
Add/Drop Period (for 2nd/summer semester courses):
[1st day of teaching: June 29, 2020 (Monday)]
*Students are not allowed to make any changes to their course selection during the suspension period.
- UG ACADEMIC ADVISING
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their respective Faculty Academic Advisers (FAA) once every semester in their first year of study to discuss different academic issues.
After the sign-up period, you can check who your FAA(s) is/are via SIS by the following procedures:
1. Login to HKU Portal
2. On the left-hand side menu, click “Student Information System”, and a new window for SIS will pop up
3. In the new SIS window, click “Self-service” on the left-hand menu
4. Click “Student Center” on the menu
5. The name of the assigned Faculty Academic Adviser appears on the right-hand side under the heading “Adviser”
- COURSE COUNSELLING SELECTION SESSIONS
Student Academic Advisers will serve on-site and provide valuable advices on various academic matters. Details of the upcoming Course Counselling Selection Sessions will be posted on the Faculty's Student Academic Advising Programme webpage in due course.
- ACADEMIC ADVISING OFFICE
- CEDARS - FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE